Pfizer B2B Consumer Advisory Board
The Pfizer B2B Consumer Advisory Board was developed to directly connect Pfizer to hemophilia B patients and caregivers in order to gain firsthand feedback from the hemophilia B community. As a result, the B2B program has created tools and resources to support the community and continues to evolve to address needs as they change.
The purpose of the Pfizer B2B Consumer Advisory Board is for patients and caregivers to share firsthand accounts about everyday life with hemophilia B and to provide insights and recommendations about treatment and the community.
The objectives of the Pfizer B2B Consumer Advisory Board are:
- To address the challenges hemophilia B patients face, especially those evident when transitioning from one life stage to another, by providing relevant education and information
- To address the challenges those supporting hemophilia B patients face, including spouses, caregivers, and siblings, by providing relevant education and information
- To strengthen the internal support system and educational network within the hemophilia B community
The Pfizer B2B Consumer Advisory Board was formed in 2006. Members of the board include hemophilia B patients and caregivers for those with hemophilia B, and incorporate visitors, including health care professionals, insurance specialists, and other professionals who are active participants in the hemophilia B community. They meet twice a year to provide insight on marketplace dynamics, advise about needs within the hemophilia B community, give updates on trends in patient care, identify gaps in education, and offer input about patient programs.
Together, Pfizer and the board of 25 dedicated patients and caregivers have developed a library of B2B resources for the hemophilia community, including:
- Eight books, focusing on the different stages of life and how hemophilia impacts them, as well as other important patient topics, such as empowerment and self-advocacy
- A series of informational videos
- Pfizer's breakthrough hemophilia smartphone app, HemMobileHemMobile™
- B2B patient stories and articles
- Resources addressing insurance issues, clinical challenges, and hospitalization, as they relate to hemophilia B
- Several other initiatives currently in process