HTCs provide comprehensive care for people with bleeding disorders. HTCs can provide many services that a primary care practice doesn't provide, including supply and delivery of factor, home infusion education, dental care, home visits by social workers, and insurance counseling.
Here are some things an HTC can provide:
- A physical exam once a year; a checkup of joints, bones, and muscles; and a physical therapy checkup
- Dental visit every 6 months
- Blood tests and x-rays
- Financial and/or emotional counseling with a social worker
- Genetic counseling for potential parents
- Contact with local health care providers and hospitals